Well, so much for that idea...

11:52 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »

I have discovered something in the past year, I tend to get sinus headaches whenever the weather turns wonky - which in Calgary is a fairly common occurance. A not so treasured inheritance from my mom. Thanks Mom ;) So last week I didn't really pay attention when I started getting all headachey again. The weather was up and down, we were scrambling to pull everything together for our open house and I didn't think anything of it. The next day however I awoke with the feeling that my insides were rather sunburned. After that it was a rapid descent into a nasty cold complete with a fever - my personal favorite. With people around me trying to stuff every cold medication know to man down my throat I figured the whole herbal regime of the detox should probably be put on hold so as not to create some new interaction. No matter what people have to say about the effectiveness or safety of herbs I strongly believe that it all comes down to chemistry. If you don't KNOW that this is a safe combination - ere on the side of caution, and my body already weakened by whatever is infesting me is not the best playground to experiment on.

The food side of it has been put on hold as well as I was being given chicken noodle soups and whatnot, and lets face it toast is a wonderfull comfort food. I am still mostly sticking to the meal requirements but so be it. Since I was never intending to miss out on my mother's cooking I shall conveniently wait untill after Easter Dinner to resume the detox. Ah well.

Meanwhile Larry is still on the detox - determined to see it through, which makes it much easier to stick to the meal plan since I have to do the cooking for it. And with mine being carried over it looks like we have a longer run of healthy eating to look forward to, although I will not be surprised if he opts for cheeze whiz and crackers instead. :)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Sorry to hear you're still sick, dearie. :( I still owe you a tub of that warming soup...which I will make as soon as my hands quit hurting.