A different dream...

21:05 Edit This 0 Comments »

I am one of those people that dreams every night. I do not always remember my dreams but I am aware of them. Some people I have met over the years claim they never dream and I have a very hard time believing them. I also have a certain distrust for those people who say they never dream. That probably stems more from the end result of those relationships than anything else but I do wonder what else they are in denial about.

Last night I had an interesting dream with parts that remained clear well after waking. Two of my friends were in the dream with me and we were supposed to be going somewhere. We were in a city which was positioned on some very steep hills and at some point we had to go down an alley to get to our destination. My one friend went on ahead, and looking down the hill I saw him emerge from the alley on the other side. I attempted to go next but my other friend balked. She was clearly afraid to go through despite the fact that we were the only ones there. The alley was very narrow and dark so we continued along the road to the next alley. This one was not so dark and I was able to coax her through. My other companion was well ahead of us by now so we would have to work to catch up with him. Eventually we walked under a bridge and found an open doorway. Through the door you could not see much of anything. The sides inside the door could be seen to move and shift. This is were we had to go. The one friend was already through to the other side, and I was just about to enter when the second friend stopped me again. She would not enter that door for anything and I was not thrilled with the idea of leaving her behind.

I woke up not long after that, unfortunately.

Certain patterns and symbols occasionally resurface in my dreams and they facinate me. It has left me wondering off and on throughout the day about any possible implications. What part of me is holding me back from what I need to do? Is there a lesson that my friend is supposed to learn, or for that matter - teach?

The dark does not frighten me so much, I welcome it as much as I welcome my dreams. My shadow? That may be a different story.

No comments: