It's Monday, so now what?

21:15 Edit This 0 Comments »
I have to say that I had a pretty good weekend.
After a couple weeks of complaining that we never get to go shopping my boyfriend was happy to learn we were going to make a day of it. Funny how full time work plus school and homework can put a crimp in the capitalist style. I am not a shopahaulic, in fact I have to be in a very specific mood to go shopping in the firstplace but never the less we managed to make off with some nice finds. Of course it is easy to go shopping guilt free when you are only now getting a chance to use up the mound of gift cards from Christmas. It makes a nice change to be able to get something nice just because you can. :)
We came home in time for Larry to have a nap, while I put stuff away before heading over to a gathering at a friend's house. The food was lovely and the conversation was enjoyable. As my girlfriend said, we really need to do this more often! But we are willing to bring food so that the hosts are not spending all time and energy in the kitchen. Hmm... an international potluck perhaps or some other theme to keep us all trying new things. Yummy!
There goes the cat to put his latest toy in the bathtub. He likes swatting things around in the tub for some reason and it gives me extra reason to be relatively awake before stepping in the shower in the mornings.
Sunday I wrote my competeancy test for my course (I'm doing this by correspondence) and with only a minor amount of swearing I managed to pull off 100% so I am understandably pleased! Now I have a short break before I receive the materials for the next round so all of a sudden I have a bit of time to stretch and relax. Part of relaxing involved some free rentals this weekend so I finally got to watch The Illusionist with Ed Norton and Paul Giamati. It was a beautiful movie and I think I actually like this one better than The Prestige. The Illusionist better maintains the sense of dreamlike illusion and wonder (in my humble opinion) and is not so clearly solved. I like a little ambiguity.

As for today, I have been yawning and dragging myself along for most of the day. I received a message today that my cousin who has been back in the hospital has improved in his condition. The doctors still can not figure out why his body has stopped making blood but for the time being he seems relatively stable. My cousin never does anything in half measure! It's not a great start to the week but hopefully things will get better.

No comments: