Wanderlust

19:39 Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
And speaking of wanting...

In browsing around online last week I came across a beautiful model ship for sale - it is a scale model of the tall ship that I spent three months aboard some years ago. I do not want the model itself, as I can clearly envisage the cat getting himself hog tied in the rigging. In addition, this model is of the historical vessel and not of the current one I worked on so there are a few noticable differences. I have no complaint with the model, it just isn't my ship. But what I am longing for is some advenure - to hit the high seas again (or the road for that matter)!

Just the thought of getting back aboard ship is enough to give me warm butterflies. I have found myself checking flight costs for various trips near and far. Eastern Canada? Europe? India? I have even been checking a few sail training websites for information. I don't have the money now but the age cut off for the Picton Castle is 40 so I still have time to make it!

I have been thinking to get my negatives scanned for a while so I can load pics from the south pacific trip onto the computer. Now I really want to pull out those albums! But with my whole cost concious thinking I think I will have to get the old scanner working instead. And in the meantime, I am going to have to get creative and come up with some fun adventures closer to home. There is no cure for the itchy feet except to get them wandering somewhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's no age cut-off for Picton Castle. Currently there's a trainee aboard who is a fit and active 70! Still, he'd be the first to tell you don't put it off - sign on!

Susan said...

Ah, you are right, I misread the website. :) Thanks for pointing that out!