Ghost Lake

21:11 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

A few of us were invited out to a day on the lake not that long ago. Here it was, the end of September - beginning of October and we had just fantastic weather! The sky was clear, the water was smooth and the fall colours in splendid contrast.



I just love the complexity of the hot autumn days, alternating between cool, warm, humid, sharply dry, and the rich golden tones of the changing leaves against a blue sky.
For lunch we dropped anchor in a sheltered cove and enjoyed the picnic. Other families came by, some fishing, some just relaxing on the glassy water but there are bends in the cove that allow each group to have their own little spot. I can see how people can fall so much in love with boating. I don't know if I ever would, but I will enjoy a brief jaunt now and then.

No comments: