Going to the gym.

16:47 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Well I have finally bit the bullet and joined a local gym. I had checked out a few in my area and lets face it, they all have the same equipment and the same 'areas' to work out in. They all have the same types of group classes ie. Pilate's, cross training, spinning etc. They all have the 'women's only' area. They all have the juice bars and they all sell the supplements. For myself the choice came down to two factors - value for dollar, and overall atmosphere. So when I walk into one gym and the place is dim and the staff are more efficient than friendly, that would be a good indicator that this is not the place for me. Add to the fact that it was the most expensive gym out of the lot and that sealed the deal. The one that I did choose came in at half the average price and the staff have all been friendly and know what they are doing - as a plus, it has nice large windows that let in a lot of light. I live in a basement suit with minimal light and I do not feel I want to work out in the same conditions. The biggest difference between this location and the others is that this one is not in a shiny new location - therefore less overhead. But the equipment is current and well looked after and the facilities are clean. Really, to me that is what is important.

No comments: