Biting my tongue...

21:39 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Ever have one of those days where you just wish you could say whatever it is that you really think to another person? With working in retail with the public I have several of those days. I know it would upset the other person and it would impact whether or not the sale actually went through but some days - it is so darn tempting!
I had a customer who was whining about getting a discount - and I mean whining! "But what about MY price? What are you going to do for MY discount?! What was really passing through my head was the notion that the more my young nephews beg and whine for treats, the more the chances of getting such treats rapidly diminishes, and that the same principle should definitely apply in this case! I could mentally picture the shock in the customer as I told him in my best mom voice "What have I told you about constantly asking for discounts? No, you are not getting anything because you did not listen, and you have not earned the right to receive a discount."
I find the though amusing as anything, but I shall just have to enjoy it in the privacy of my head. Ah well, life goes on...

No comments: