Take a guess at what appeared in the mail this week...

23:05 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I received a rather interesting article from the local police service this week, namely a speeding ticket!

It would seem that one of the many traffic cameras took a picture of this car traveling about 72 Km per hour in a 50 zone. The photo of the licence plate is clear - except for the very last digit. It is just blurry enough that it could be a six, or maybe an eight?

I honestly wonder if the cops just cover their bases and send out tickets to all the possible culprits?

But once I got over the shock of receiving a rather hefty ticket I looked more closely at the information. Naturally I am going to fight this.

1) I was at work in a different quadrant of the city during that time and I have a signed time sheet to prove it.

2) This is not my car. I do not own a Saturn, rather my licence plate is registered to a Nissan - and yes I still have my plate firmly attached to my car.

3) I can get a licenced mechanic to put forth a statement that my little car can't even reach the posted speed limit let alone go beyond that by 20 some clicks. As a bonus, it hasn't been able to that for over two months!

I'm laughing about it because really, what else can I do? I'm going to phone around and see if I can get this tossed without having to waste my time in court (and loose wages in the process). Wish me luck, I think I am going to need it!

No comments: