Cooler weather brings out warmer recipies!

09:41 Edit This 0 Comments »
Ahhh... Another batch of spicy soup has been cooked up! It is a vegetable base (mostly tomato) with nice sized chunks of fish making it a tasty and filling meal. In addition I have also stocked up on a few spices that were running low so I can get back to making some more curries. Plans are in the works for a new batch of chili - and it will be the good stuff this time as opposed to the watered down bland batch that stumbled in last time! I have been given an ice cream pail full of fresh garden tomatoes so I'm thinking some home-made pasta sauce could be in order as well, perhaps some salsa? I shall have to rummage through my cookbooks for some ideas!

The other half is not going to be happy with me but to be blunt I am tired of not eating the foods I enjoy just because he doesn't like them. And to be equally blunt, I can't live on his idea of meals ie. microwaved hot dogs and tortilla chips. For him food is simply fuel to be shoveled in before getting on with things. It is also something of a necessary evil as there are so many ingredients that he either refuses to eat or is unable to eat. For myself food is something to enjoy and explore, which would partially explain why he is skinny as a rail and I am not.

Regardless, after a long absence from any real culinary indulgence I shall be making a return to the kitchen. I do not make claims to be a fantastic chef but I do enjoy flavours and if nothing else, I know that there are a few people out there who do appreciate and enjoy what I come up with!

No comments: