A temporary reprieve

06:50 Edit This 2 Comments »
At long last I am working again, temporarily as the title implies. As an added bonus my trip to work is quick and easy by bus - 25 minutes one way door to door - nice! For the next month or so I'll have a regular eight to four work routine comprised of a couple thousand files to sort through. Truth be told the work is tedious but it pays. Not surprisingly my supervisor was a little concerned as to whether or not I would not show up again the next morning. But realistically this is not the climate to be turning my nose up at an opportunity. I will take what I can get, thank you very much!


And it is not like this is the worst job I've had. I can easily think of others that were far worse for various reasons (although as far as reasons go, the smell would definitely be at the top of the list!). Those jobs would include:


a) Cleaning houses / apartments after the tenants have moved out. Some people have absolutely no pride, or shame for that matter.


b) Blowing out rotten ostrich eggs so the shells can be sold to crafters. Ah yes, a five galleon pail of stinking egg sludge in the hot sun... talk about the memories!


c) Grocery store cashier - I am zombie - let me smile even though you have 500 items in express lane...


Overall I'm feeling all right about this. Besides, you never know what these strange connections can bring in the future...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hang in there, dearie. The economy's picking up, albeit slowly. There will be jobs although the era of easy pay is over.

Susan said...

There was an era of easy pay? I must have missed that. Oh wait, the cashier job was unionized so I got raises for simply showing up. I guess I didn't miss it. ;)