An early start

07:11 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Happily drifting through dreamland, in which the surprising contents of an old sailing ship I worked aboard are offered up to all past friends and crew. (Come to think of it I should probably check their website and see if anything is going on).

*purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Wandering around the shelving units I pick up strange and wonderful items (mostly books) that I have never seen before. These will make great Christmas presents! This totally reminds me of (insert random name here). You see, we have to rescue these things because the ship itself is disintegrating into the sea.

*purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* (a gentle tap on the nose follows)

I do not encounter many people I know, I'm thinking most of the people here are from the last big voyage, while I was on the voyage before that. Oh wait, there's Andrea wading across the tidal flats to join us...

*PURRRRRRRRRRR* (a less gentle push on my cheek and a whisker tickles my ear)

Sigh...

Yes the cat has decided that I, the apparent slug-a-bed, must now be up at the horrendously late hour of 5:30 in the morning. He is quite pleased with himself as my eyes open and I roll over. Maybe I can shake the furball off and go back to sleep. Just one more hour of sleep is all I really want. His response to this is to hop onto the bedside table, which my other half has conveniently covered in miscellaneous stuff, and start to rummage through the clutter as loudly as possible. Push this, rustle that and all the while smugly purring. He knows it will drive me nuts. After all this is why I keep my dresser top clear of stuff - to keep him from doing this. The other half never bothers to think of these things.

Finally I can take no more of the this. I roll over and scoop the not-quite-fast-enough feline and toss him onto the middle of the bed. Before he can make his escape I am thoroughly rumpling the cat and pushing all of his fur backwards! Eventually I let him escape at a full speed gallop though the door. Ha! Victory is mine!

Or not. I am now most definitely awake. The other half was already up and now I can hear him going about his morning routine. And I have less than an hour remaining before my alarm goes off. I might as well get up. So it is a draw then. I am up and a decidedly rumpled looking cat is watching me from the other side of the room staying well out of reach.

No comments: