Ah the joys of the hunt...

20:55 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
I mean that facetiously of course. I am still hunting to return to the ranks of the gainfully employed but I am by no means alone in this - which is part of my problem. There are many skilled people out there competing for what is available.

I received a letter from EI stating I may be eligible for extended benefits while undergoing some form of career training program. That sounds great and I am definately interested! Here are the strings: Firstly, this is a limited time offer. So the only programs I can apply for are those that start in the winter semester. Not surprisingly, this reduces my choices of available programs considerably. Secondly, each of the approved schools for this program has X allotted funding to cover those students on this program. There have been so many applicants that the funding has run out. What this means is that I would have to seek alternate funding (ie. student loans) to go back to school, which will render me inelligible for the program.

In other news my poor car is still immobilized. The replacement engine computer makes absolutely no difference whatsoever - boy am I glad I never shelled out $900 for a brand new one! My landlord is a mechanic but he says he can't even look at it for another month. My other half is supposed to be checking the electrical whenever he decides it's not too chilly / windy / or when he's not too tired. Yes, I could probably take it into the shop and get it looked at sooner but I'm trying to avoid hemorrhaging money for obvious reasons.

In the meantime all I can do is keep at it and try not to let myself get discouraged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....