Some days it just does not click

07:56 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
Last month I signed up for a couple of themed ATC swaps, then other stuff happened and I basically forgot about them until this weekend. What had seemed like such an intriging idea at the time is definately less than stellar now. Trying to create something that I am satisfied with when I am not in any way interested in doing it is a big challenge to say the least! But I made the commitment and therefore I must follow through.

The first swap is due next week, the second is still 3 weeks away so I burned the midnight oil to complete the required cards for the first. I did not take any pictures of the new cards bacause in truth I'm just not crazy about how they turned out. Compositionaly, they are good. Design and excecution are sound. Visually they are pretty, and fit well with the theme. Technically they are good overall and I know the people on the receiving end of the swap are going to enjoy them. But they do not have my heart invested in them and so I do not think they are good enough for me.

They are in the mail on the way to the swap host who will in turn send them on to new homes. Personally, I am ready to forget them and move on. Hopefully the cards for the next swap will turn out better.

No comments: