Culinary fun

22:29 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I spent most of yesterday in the kitchen preparing for my detox.
I created a vegetable & fish soup - not too heavy, tasty although the other half claims it needs more salt. (that is what soup crackers are for!)
Next on the list was a baked spicy chicken and vegetables. I am a big fan of one pot kind of cooking so the idea of throwing everything in the roasting pan and letting it bake together suits me fine. Unfortunately I should have added two steps: raise the rack in the oven and add a bit of water in the bottom. There is a large mass of charred blackness lining the pan. (ouch!) It is currently soaking in soapy water and I hope to get it clean in the morning. I did salvage most of the food and no, it does not smell or taste burned, go figure.
Finally a chicken curry with saffron rice. I have been informed I should make this by the boatload - I guess the boyfriend likes it. I like it but I am thinking I would like to change something for next time, I just haven't figured out what.

No comments: