Spring is here!

11:17 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
The first day of spring has arrived, Easter is right around the corner and the skies are clear and sunny. Maybe we can start to feel like winter is finally leaving us for another year. Not to sound like a pessimist but I will not be suprised to see one more big snow dump before the end of May but cest la vie. It will melt away fast enough. Most of the spring cleaning is done so I am satisfied. A few small improvement have been made around the house here and there. I now have some coat hooks by the door and a door on the spice cupboard - horaay! I don't think it is any secret, I'm in a mood to get my nest all in order.

I'm not alone in that feeling, some co-workers are seriously looking at buying houses. But they make a lot more than I do so they *can* consider that luxury. I really wish I could too, but on my wages alone I would never qualify for a mortgage in this town. I was playing with a couple online calculators on bank websites. According to those I qualify for a house worth 50-60 thousand dollars. A small condo starts at around 4 times that and a starter home in this city starts at 5 times that amount. Even with my boyfriend's income thrown in it would be tight. I think it could be doable, but since he is not interested it will not happen. Period. I don't need anything huge or fancy. I grew up in a small house and I've been living in small basement suites for the past several years. But at least I would be working on something to keep as opposed to paying someone else's mortgage and being completely at their mercy. I'm also getting tired of living underground. I need some light. I need some life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here Here! Sometimes there is nothing better than sitting in front of the picture window, absorbing some sunshine! I hope you find your path soon, and that you are able to get out above ground!