Accidentally Early

06:45 Edit This 0 Comments »
Normally I'm only getting up about this time but today I figured I would get up the same time as the boyfriend. See, the original plan was to catch a ride with him so I could go get some labwork done before work. Then without thinking I went and had breakfast, so that blew that whole idea. One of the required tests was the fasting glucose. So he's gone to work and the cat and I are hanging out.

But it gives me a chance to check the e-mails, plan my venture into the south of the city either tonight or next week. I had purchased / ordered some funky jewellery back in december and unfortunately it arrived in less than stellar condition. I have been playing telephone tag with the lady who sold it and lo and behold I finally got to talk to her after about a month. So the outcome is that I get to find her house and exchange the defunct piece there. I fully realise that she is busy with her work and family obligations but there seems to be only a minimum of effort on her part for getting this resolved so I have been less than impressed over all. Don't get me wrong, I left a message back in December that I could wait until after Christmas, after all we have more important things things going on during that time. But overall there has been a real sense that customer service takes a far back seat. While I love the jewellery, I don't think I'll go out of my way to buy from her again.

But to end on a lighter note, I think it's a good time to go scribble in my sketchbook and pet the cat before leaving for work. I love having this quiet time to relax. I'm just not enough of a morning person to make it happen every morning. :D

No comments: