Only a week to go...

07:30 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Another week passed already, and this week so far is moving just as quickly. The tree is up (in my bookshelf) and the cat is leaving it alone. Come to think of it, I haven't even noticed any inquisitive teeth marks in the presents laying on the floor. You know he's moving out of the kitten phase when... My Christmas shopping is almost finished now and I have a few more things to make. Plus we have a couple more dinners to attend at the end of the week and hopefully the other half will be up for them. We recently attended his company dinner and sad to say the food has not agreed with him. Add this to a pre-existing cold and I have a fairly unhappy individual on my hands.
This morning I am listening to the Trans Siberian Orchestra - The Lost Christmas Eve. A friend of mine indicated she likes this group so I thought I would check it out. I don't know if the other albums are structured around a story like this one but I am enjoying what I hear. I'll probably take it over to Mom and Dad's for Christmas Day.
Perhaps it's just me, then again perhaps not, but it seems to me like there are fewer decorations and cards this year. Not fewer items to purchase - there is still a flood of that stuff. But when I go out I see less places have decorations up. Where in previous years there was a small wall of cards received on display this year there are definitely only a few.
It makes me wonder if the frantic pace of the past years (red hot economy, labour shortages etc) has finally burned everybody out. And if that's the case, will anybody get a chance to rest this holiday season? What do you think?

No comments: