Fun with computers

21:32 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

So tonight was my 'test' to mark the end of the latest night class I have been taking. It was an introduction to rendering in AutoCAD and this is the final image that I made. Rendering is the process of adding the apearance of materials to 3D forms, and adding sources of light to illuminate and define those forms. It's actually a lot of fun - I could see myself spending hours twiddling with elements in the image. Not that I really need to have yet another time consuming hobby but it is entertaining to think of how I could apply such a set up at work. We have the program and the capacity to do rendering for our customers. It would simply require hours and hours on my part to set up the parameters. And that of course, is hours and hours that I do not have. Oh well. I can still have fun with it at home.

No comments: