The cat has found the presents....

11:57 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »

Ah yes, just the other night I was working on some last minute Christmas cards for people when a strange rustling sound started up in the living room. Chalk had finally decided to investigate some presents sitting on the foor! (they're too big to fit on the bookshelf) He was attempting to climb over two large and somewhat squishy presents (hence the noise) to get at a smaller one in behind. (dig dig dig...) I suspect that Larry's sister packed a little cat nip surprise for the furball because he was adamantly clawing away at the gift bag. To avoid getting everything shredded I pulled him out of the pile and proceded to move the presents to higher ground. The small facinating one I placed up high on top of a bookshelf in the stufio, only to find the cat trying to scale the shelf two hours later! There was no way he was going to leave this one alone! After looking around the room for a new storage spot away from teeth and claws I finally settled on the one place he could not reach - the kennel. I put the present in the kennel and locked the door.
Every so often I walk by and see Chalk sitting in front of his kennel, staring longingly at the present out of reach. I tell him he only has three more days to go... but like most little kids, the time can't pass nearly quick enough!

No comments: