Shopping Ambrosia

20:37 Edit This 1 Comment »
Under normal circumstances I do not enjoy shopping, especially for shoes! I have narrow feet coupled with orthotics which dictate nothing higher than a 1/2 inch heel. Finding anything I like that fits properly and is not stupidly expensive has been quite a challenge for many years. Add on top of that the obsession with high heels and the end result is that I have been largely confined to running shoes as my primary footware. But as my feet have been informing me for some time now, it was once again time to suffer through the frustrating agony of shoe shopping. Here is the usual strategy, drag myself through every shoe store in the mall and note the few possible options I have before I go back to try anything on. I do have a budget to stick with. If I am lucky I may find another pair of runners.
But something has happened durring the months of studiously avoiding shoe stores... Those mysterious and fickle entities of fasion have been lowering (somewhat) the heels! To my sheer amazement I find I have more choices now, ok some of them are still ugly but hey this a definate improvement. I find a style that is more appealing - but out of my price range, ok... on to the next store. I find the same style on sale! And there is a second style that is just lovely and on sale as well! I would not normally dance for joy over shoes but I am really close to breaking out into song over this!
The end result is that I found two different pairs of shoes that I like, they fit nicely with the orthotics, and they are comfortable. I'm practically in heaven! Ok one pair is sort of runnerish but is still nice enough to go other places. In fact I'm seriously considering going back for another pair....

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Ah...shoe shopping! Who knew something so mundane could be so frustrating? I certainly didn't, at least not until recently!

My advice: pick up that extra pair of shoes. You never know when or if you'll find one you'd like soon.