Cavalia

07:00 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
My mother and I attended the production of Cavalia not that long ago. For anyone who does not know what it is, it is a live performance showcasing the bond that has existed between humans and horses over the centuries. They have blended equestrian arts and theater arts in a format that is similar to a Cirque du Soliel show - which is no coincidence since one of the directors had previously worked with Cirque. However the show stands well on its own merit and has drawn a huge amount of praise from horse and art enthusiasts alike. I freely admit, I am not familiar with all of the forms of horsemanship demonstrated here and I could not tell you how well a particular movement was executed or what level of skill was required. However, I can say that the show fully embraces that combination of fancy and fantasy that every horse lover has indulged in at some point in their lives (and some have even experienced it) - that dream of the freedom and companionship that arises when a horse and rider not only understand each other, but also bond on a level of real partnership.

No comments: