Alberta Birds of Prey Center

17:19 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
Back in June, I took my nephews on a little road trip down to Coaldale, AB to check out the Alberta Birds of Prey Center. I had heard about this place from my parents, who have friends that are avid bird watchers. The part that is accessible to the public is not overly large, you certainly don't need more than a day to go through it all.

It is a center dedicated to the rescue and conservation of raptors, and while their focus is on local birds of prey they will also take in birds from other centers that don't have the room. There are veterinarians on site and those birds that can be healed enough to live on their own are released back into the wild. Those birds that cannot be released, ie they have lost sight or flight capabilities are kept for educating the public about the different species of birds. Or they may be used as foster parents to orphaned young of the same species. For anyone wondering, my photo is of a Red Tailed Hawk.

1 comment:

Dana said...

And they loved it! Thank you, dearling. :-)

Now, I just need to get some pics into an album...