"This plane is officially broken."

12:07 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Yes, that is what came across the intercom during my aborted flight from L.A. to Sacramento. Since I was not paying attention prior to that statement I am not 100% certain of the specifics. Suffice to say I believe there was a problem with the landing gear, so the pilot chose to turn around and return to L.A. for repairs. The fact that we were stuck on the runway for a bit after landing due to the steering mechanism being disengaged would support this.

The crew chose the safest route, and we all made it with nothing more than the inconvenience of our trips delayed (and misdirected baggage). So I have another funny anecdote to add to my travel stories, it almost ranks as high as "I'm sorry miss, but that airline no longer exists." But that is another story...

No comments: