We had a blast on stage!

22:43 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
And we only fumbled a little, not bad considering the relatively small amount of practice time. Everyone had to go through a dry run to get to know the stage. This was also for the benefit of the lady handling the lighting and sound. We discovered the stage was smaller than our routine so some slight adjustments had to be made. For starters - baby steps! I did not fall off the front of the stage and the girls behind me did not get pushed into the curtain so we did well.

A good thing to note is that one should quickly learn how to find that gap in the curtain to exit the stage! There was some good natured fumbling on the part of a few people over this. When you can't find the way out, things get a lot less graceful but it is funny.

We had a great show from a variety of performers. Some of them were new like ourselves, some had been dancing for several years. My classmates and I drooled over pretty costumes and admired the skill and hard work that went into these performances. I was happy to find everyone supportive and encouraging. One group in particular sat center front row specifically to cheer everyone on! Would I do this again? Yes! Although for now I will say I am glad the next show is many months away. I need more practice!

No comments: