My first dance recital

16:58 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

The one dance class I attend is run by a lady who has organized an annual student recital each spring. She has several classes of different levels / abilities plus some ladies who have been with her for several years. The new students perform in groups, no costume required (that's me). The more advanced students will perform duets and solos in full costume. Personally I think the idea is a great one. It gives the beginner student a good chance to see how their dancing can progress if they choose to carry on. And it gives friends or family a chance to see just what we all have been up to!

I have performed on stage in choir and band before and I don't mind the anonymity of that shadowy mass of faces on the other side of the lights. I find that much easier to deal with than just dancing for one person up close (ie. showing my friend a new step). I have not danced for my boyfriend yet, largely because I suspect he is expecting something quite different from what I am actually doing (he is a man after all). He will be attending the recital, along with some friends of mine. It will be quite interesting to hear what they think of it afterwards.

In the meantime we have two more practices before curtain call and I am seriously hoping we do not have any more changes to the choreography!

No comments: