I can reach my work table now...

21:28 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I am still plugging away at my studio space. The new arrangement is basically forcing a medium scale purge of materials. As I have commented to one friend, it is therefore a good thing that I went into this wanting to purge and organize everything. Otherwise I would be feeling very resentful towards someone right now.

Some old paintings are going to get tossed, although a couple may find welcoming homes with friends. I have culled a substantial pile of old magazines and some books. Several dragon statues have been packed away in the storage cubby. Some of my favorites are still on display of course!

Next up I need to go through my art supplies. I know a few people who would enjoy using whatever I pull out so that is not so bad. Over the years I have collected a lot of stuff for 'great ideas' and 'future projects' which never materialized. I have come to the conclusion that streamlining my focus to a couple of areas is going to help boost my productivity as well as the overall quality of my work.

After that there is the closet in the room which has been stuffed full of "stuff" until it is ready to burst. I can think of a couple boxes at least that can be tossed outright. The rest will have to be gone through. Once all that is done I can re-arrange accordingly.

There are a lot of things that are too good to throw out. I had thought about selling some of the smaller stuff online but realisitically that is a hassle and I'm not sure I want to fuss with that. I am thinking most of it is just going to get donated. To say I am going to be overjoyed when this is all done will be an understatement! I feel like I have been at this forever...

No comments: