Henna

23:03 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
It has been a long time since I played with henna but this weekend I decided to break it out and have some fun with it. I also decided to try a different approach than previous times - can you believe I used to draw my designs with a toothpick? Some of those designs were pretty darn elaborate too which meant HOURS were spent fiddling with them. This time I have taken a few cues from the lovely people over at The Henna Page so I'm pretty excited, I shouldn't have to worry about the paste evaporating before I'm done!
Of course, the paste has been brewing (so to speak) for the past day under a lamp so walking into the house after going out shopping is to be greeted with a wonderful warm earthy smell. Henna is a plant so it's not too far off the smell of cut grass. Sort of. It hasn't driven the cat out of the room so I'm sure he doesn't think it's too bad.

No comments: