Would you like branding with that?

14:28 Edit This 1 Comment »
A snippet of conversation was overheard yesterday in the clothing section of a sporting goods store: (customer to staff) "Don't you have anything with logos on it? I don't want to go out in just anything..."

Wow. Fortunately I contained my laughter until I was outside the building. It seems to me that comfort, suitability and fit are the most important priority when shopping for clothes. Especially clothes meant for going outside and getting messy in! Am I in the minority? Do I really need to have a trademark somewhere on my person in order to be considered valid in my dealings with the rest of the world? Or is it more an outlett to flaunt ourselves and our perseption of wealth (hey, I make $X a year, so I must wear brand X)? I didn't get it back in high school, but then my family didn't have the money for the latest fads and fashions. I certainly believe in going for quality but I won't loose sleep over it if people I pass on the trail don't know what store I bought my gear from. Such is life, but I will laugh and shake my head at the craziness of it all.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Logos are an absolute must. It tells people that a) you are of a certain income level to be able to afford overpriced third-world manufactured goods and b) you are shallow enough to let your clothing be who you are, instead of your insecure personality, such that it is.