Getting to play!

22:30 Edit This 0 Comments »
I just had my first class on rendering 3D forms in AutoCAD. Initially there was the "just how do I accomplish this task?" running through my head but the commands started flowing back to concious memory so it wasn't long before I was zipping along in putting together my staircase. There is definately an element of play with rendering. AutoCAD has made it fairly easy - select your finishes and attach those finishes to the object. However there is some room to fine tune how the finish looks, and unless one was to memorize every single finish chances are good that some play will be required to get the image "just right". Prior to this learning went along the lines of, "here is the command, now build X". Now I get to play with X along with light, shade and surface texture. And this has made things a lot more interesting!

No comments: