Winds of Change are comming.

10:37 Edit This 0 Comments »
Autumn has to be my favorite season - at least it's tied with summer anyway. It's not just the pretty colours or the fun of stretching out the summer activities as long as possible before the snow hits. It's not just about the fall cleaning and getting ready for winter. For myself the months of October and November (specifically) are all about change. Despite school always starting in September it is the following months that have a special meaning for me.
With very few exceptions, my job situation has always changed durring those two months. My biggest trip abroad started and ended in those months. In fact I am planning another trip (a shorter trip) overseas that will take place in October. Studio time has always been more intense at that time as I look to complete more before Christmas. As per my last post I am looking to re-organize areas of the house as well as do some serious de-cluttering. One of my favorite holidays takes place at the end of October - Halloween! My boyfriend could care less (and outright disapproves I think) but I always look forward to the carving of pumkins, making of costumes and generally having a fun time with friends. My Halloween activities are going to be curtailed this year due to the timing of my trip but I can accept that.
I have been to parts of the world where the changing of the seasons is so subtle as to be missed by those who don't know what to look for. I honestly missed the seasons, and all the activity they bring.

No comments: