When it rains...

17:31 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
This weekend... the farm. Next week... Montreal. Life has been pretty crazy lately to say the least.

If everyting goes smoothly we should be back from the farm by supper on Tuesday (but then the other half and his family are involved so I will not hold my breath). From that point we wash and pack so as to be ready for our 9 am flight the following morning - Wednesday.

In the meantime I am still trying to find the relavent parts to convince my car to run and play again after it came to dead stop on the highway a couple weeks ago. It sounds like I will have to order the main part from Manitoba... sigh. Truth be told I can order it brand new from the local dealer for about $900. It is, of course, non-returnable if we discover that this part does not solve the problem. Because we are not absolutely 100% certain that this will work, I would rather spend $200 on a used part instead. At least this way if the part doesn't pan out then my wallet is not hurting as badly.

Yes it has been a month since I was laid off. Since I was let go still in the midst of my holidays I made the choice to enjoy my remaining holidays with my friends. There will be more on our adventures later when I get my hands on my friend's camera! I finished that leg of my holidays only to find myself completely run down and sick. Practically speaking this is not the best state of being with which to impress a prospective employer. With all the running around I have had to do for various people I have decided to start my serious job hunting after I return from Montreal. Although I have been perusing the job boards to get a feel for what is out there.

No comments: