Still painting...

12:50 Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I will have a new work in progress pic up soon, the front cover is nearly done as I am waiting on some decisions from my friends regarding fonts. In the meantime I have started the rear cover and worked on some images for the interior of the case. The rear cover image is proving the most difficult thus far so I have applied some artistic licence and made some changes. I am still not thrilled with it though so I see myself starting over - again. Ah the joys of the creative process. Sometimes it just takes several starts to find the right track and really go.

In the meantime I am currently taking mental notes on how to improve my workspace. I do not have time to completely re-arrange the furniture right now. But once I finish the spring cleaning (which will happen after I finish these paintings) and purge of extra stuff I should be able to re-arrange things to a more workable set up. I have plenty of incentive after having to relocate my easel just to get an eraser off the shelf! Don't ask what acrobatics were required to dig out the charcoal...

As for the furball I had some concerns that he would take a liking to the acrylics the same way he took a liking to my watercolours. In the case of the watercolours he figured they smelled as good as catnip. Defending my palette became an ongoing battle. Fortunately, he has no such desire with the acrylics, but he does enjoy curling up on nearby to watch what I am doing. That suits me just fine.






No comments: