Putting the rose in context

08:00 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »

Yes, more work in progress... For anyone wondering this is what is currently consuming my evening hours. This is going to be for a CD cover for some friends of mine. It is not finished yet as the finishing touches have to be applied to the rose. I worked on the astronaut and I think it's slowly coming along. The shovel needs to be filled in (as in the astronaut just planted the rose). And I'm not certain about the ground so that will require more work. I quickly covered some horrible glare from the camera so yes the top third is different from what you see! There will be a companion piece to this - but I'll be leaving everyone in suspense for a little while yet.

Meanwhile I think I'm in love - with the digital camera! Since painting in miniature is not my strong suit, I am painting this about 2 ft square. But with the camera I can scale it down to CD size on the screen and get a good idea of how elements are working in the smaller scale.

Ah the joys...

No comments: