Back from the faire

21:15 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
I spent the long weekend out in BC for the second annual Renaissance Festival, this time held in Fort Langley at Alder Acres Farm. I am still working on sorting out the numerous photos and I will gradually post some of them as I get that done. But the site was good even if the weather was less than stellar (setting up in the rain is not so fun). We enjoyed the hickory smoked turkey legs, watching the joust and the falconry demos. Of course there were a few new vendors - one of whom taught me Norse wire weaving (I'll post about that later, it is very difficult to weave long strands of wire when there is a cat in the same room). It was also nice to visit with those who returned from last year. Academy Duello expanded from just a demo to adding introductory lessons in sword play. There was more entertainment for people to enjoy this year overall, hopefully that encourages more people to return next year - and bring their friends! I know I plan to go back again schedule permitting. We shall of course have to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, seeing as I am the one who dragged you along, I will look forward to hauling you with me again next year! I have already put in a bid to have it moved back to July, so here is hoping! It is supposed to be in the same place next year, which is a plus. And every year is a little bit different so who knows what will happen! :-)
D