When the boyfriend's away, I get to play - in the kitchen!

22:30 Edit This 1 Comment »
My co-workers were laughing at me today. You see, the boyfriend has gone out of town for a few days so they are teasing me about taking advantage of his absence to go out and play, as per the adage.

For the past few days I have been tossing ideas around as to what I want to make, such as:

A lovely garden salad with fresh sliced cucumber, ripe tomato and avacado
(he hates most vegetables)

Pancakes stuffed with blueberries
(he's not a fan of pancakes, with or without fruit)

Tortelini with a spicy sauce
(he only likes a certain form of spice in a certain amount, and he doesn't like pasta)

Home made soups
(which invariably has some ingredient that upsets his tender digestive tract)



Scrambled eggs
(he hates eggs)

Chai tea
(tea and spices do not mix in his books)

To make a long list of possibilities short I can basically make any recipie I feel like making without having to alter or discard it all together!
Don't get me wrong, I will occasionally make these things regardless of what he thinks, but the fact is that while he is away I can enjoy these yummy foods, without the grumbling, hissing, comments and occasionally stalking off to the other room. I can enjoy the taste in peace.

To top it off, once I am done cooking and enjoying my dinner I can clean up the kitchen and the dishes without worrying about waking him up (since the bedroom is right next to the kitchen - talk about poor design!).

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Sounds fantastic! So...that empty apartment's pretty lonely, right? How about you spend some time over at our place, sharing your culinary delights all neighbourly-like? ;)