Catching up...

21:34 Edit This 0 Comments »
Well the laundry is almost done and I have cooked up enough food for lunches for the next little while. I still have the house to clean but that's ok. It's amazing how much everything piles up when you have been absent for most of the week!

So I now have a car, a nice little 4 door that is reasonable on gas and in decent shape. I bought it off some friends since they have upgraded to a new Freestyle. This car is also a standard - which I haven't driven since I was working down under, say 8 years ago. We took the car out for some practice driving and suffice to say I was pretty rusty. The little dog that joined us in hopes of a nice car ride was having some serious doubts regarding my ability to drive. I can still picture the dog in the back seat with a wide eyed trembling expression - "we're all going to die!" My driving ability gradually improved however and no people or dogs were harmed in the making of this little adventure.

I also attended a family reunion this past weekend. It was held a a small rural community center a few hours drive from here. The boyfriend and I crashed in my parents 5th wheel for the event and we all had a pretty good time. The whole event was low key and not too structured. Basically if you felt like haveing a game of horseshoes or softball you went and started one, nothing other than the pot luck dinner was predetermined. The dinner itself was excellent with a good variety of dishes to choose from, a nice change from bland pot lucks of the past. I enjoyed hanging out with the cousins and meeting new people from other branches of the family. By the sounds of things, so did everyone else so plans are in the works for a repeat performance next year. We shall see what happens.

After the reunion the boyfriend and I decided to head to Edmonton to visit friends and catch a show. Unfortunately what we ended up with was a broken down truck and then getting rear ended in a borrowed car - yay. Most of monday was spent fixing the truck and I have been seeing the chiropractor all week. Next week I get massage after Chiro and I'm looking forward to that. To be honest the crash could have been a lot worse - other than my neck being a bit off kilter I don't think there were any other injuries. For our friend's sake we hope this whole issue can be resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible.

I have lots more to blog about, but this will have to do for now. It is time to get some sleep so I can tackle the mounting insanity at work tomorrow...

No comments: