Following up on that feline smile...

12:29 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Yes, I finally bit the bullet and took the cat in for his teeth cleaning. Of course, not being able to have breakfast (I'm HUNGRY!!!), and then getting stuffed in the carrier (you know, it's hard for me to be comfy when this box is bouncing against your leg), to then being strapped in the backseat of the truck (Hey! Truck rides are NOT COOL! Let me out! NOW! Please?!) meant that the cat was not going to have a good day.

Although really, he gets knocked out while the staff work on him. He wakes up dopey from antibiotics and pain killers in a nice fuzzy heated bed with a nice volunteer ready to cuddle him so how bad can it be? Of course, given that this is my cat we are talking about here, naturally the cleaning did not go all smooth and wonderful. He had lesions in his two back molars so they had to come out. That set me back an extra 400 bucks for a grand total of $1,065. Sigh...

Don't get me wrong, my cat is worth the cost of looking after him. I'm just hoping to get a better average one of these days, after all, half of his vet visits thus far have cost $1000 each. I would be much happier (and so would the furball) if we could make that say, one in five.

But on a cute note, I do get the last laugh when the cat makes a heroic leap up his scratching post, only to slide back down on his butt - with a very startled look in his eyes! All thanks to the vet kindly trimming his claws, so until they grow back traction is a bit of an issue.

No comments: