New Dance Classes

19:30 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I start a new round of classes this week, actually I have already gone through one six week session with this particular instructor and this week I jump in for another six week session. The classes are being taught by the Bedouin Dance Company and the style of dance I am learning is tribal fusion - still belly dance but with elements of other dance forms thrown into the mix. You can find find elements from all sorts like folk dances to hip hop. I have seen it performed before and been intrigued by it. I am happy to find it is as much fun to do as I thought it looks!
I am actually signed up for two classes. The first is an introduction to tribal fusion and the second (right afterwards) is aptly named Killer Drills and Crazy Combos. We are not only working our bodies but also our minds as we work from simple drills to more layered complicated combinations. By the time I finish the second class I honestly can't remember half of what I did in the first class! But I feel great physically and mentally so no complaints here...

No comments: