Calaway Park

20:55 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »

It has been years since I have been out to Calaway Park! I think I was still in junior high to be honest, maybe grade 10? By that age it's losing it's charm as a fun or cool place to hang out. And I have to admit that as a kid I was pretty upset when the park sold off the original carousel, it was a beautiful work of art but at that time carousel animals had become a hot collectors item so I guess it was only a matter of time.
I went during the last long weekend with my cousins who have 2 small kids. In reality the park hasn't changed much over the years. They have added more rides, and performance stages with live shows. Personally I love rides, aside from the Ocean Motion - that is one of the few that will make me sick to my stomach. Give me a twisting roller coaster any day! My cousins are not thrilled with rides so it was with a big smile that I agreed to take the kids on a couple of the faster rides. When you enjoy the ride yourself that is one thing. When you enjoy the ride with an excited kid who thinks this is the best ride they have been on all summer it just takes everything to a whole new level. And really, that's what going to an amusement park is all about. :)

No comments: