Some printmaking relief

07:34 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Haha, groan I know (at least to me since the technique is relief printmaking and I am getting some relief... I'll stop now). :)


Yesterday I bought a new brayer, not exactly in time for the christmas cards I wanted to make but it just means I will have it ready for the next round. I decided to play with a block of speedycut (or something like that) and this is what I have come up with: (pls ignore the camera flash)


And after mucking around with some pastels, this is roughly the direction I want to take it in:

It is one of my "singing gargoyles" from my trip to Toulouse a couple years ago. It has been a long time since I worked with multiple colour registration so this should be a fun project to play with. I shall keep you posted!




No comments: