A change of performance plan...

21:58 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
As it turns out, I am the last member standing of the Tuesday night dance class. One bowed out a month ago due to an insane work load. Another stopped showing up as she was in the process of moving, setting up house and planning her wedding. In regards to the other two I really can't say why they dropped off the planet so to speak. Ah well.

Instead of performing for my non-existent class, my instructor and I chose to perform the routine to her level 1 class right before my usual class time. I showed up early and warmed up by joining in their routine. I think I did OK considering I haven't practiced that routine in over a year! I am fairly certain that a couple spots have been changed as well but no worries as we all had fun.

I'm not sure how much of my "individual touches" actually showed through. I was more concerned about not letting the cane fly out of my hands and hit the audience (there was one definite close call but I kept it). But the applause was enthusiastic and the class members were complimenting us and asking about the different moves we performed, so I guess we did all right.

Some of them will be back for the summer session. Unfortunately I'll be taking the summer off so it will be the fall before I return. Realistically I doubt I will have very much time to practice over the summer months, but I would like to if I get the chance. I'm definitely going to miss it!

No comments: