Unwinding

17:01 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I think I am finally starting to feel human again. This past couple of weeks have been pulling at my nerves until I am snapping and snarling at just about everything. There is no major single reason for this state. Rather a bunch of little ones that have been compounded with the lack of some real decompression time. For myself I need some time completely alone to really unwind and re-charge. Given that the boyfriend had the same time off for the holidays as I did meant that I really did not get any time to myself. Yes I could relax and do stuff but it is not complete in the same way. Yesterday I enjoyed a full day of peacefull solitude and I am feeling so much better for it.

Today has been a relatively quiet day with the exception of the arrival of the newer appliances. The oven in my suite had become completely unreliable for temperature. Christmas baking gets a lot more interesting when the temperature spikes an extra 25 degrees between tray #2 and tray #3 of cookies. The landlord has brought in a stove and fridge (the existing one was pretty old) and everything has been swapped over. So now I can feel happy that I no longer have an approaching fire trap for an appliance. The kitchen is cleaned, the house is swept and vaccuumed, the laundry is done and I have had some time and space to breathe.

Life really isn't so bad.

No comments: