BC Rennaissance Festival

22:25 Edit This 1 Comment »
Last weekend my girlfriend and I made the 10 hr drive to Aldergrove, BC for our very first Ren Fest. I have to say overall that I had a really fun time and I greatly enjoyed the various performances. Sadly it was pretty obvious that there were various politics that were trying to interfere but I think the cast and crew worked very hard to overcome those issues. I think the organizers have come away from this event with some hard learned lessons which hopefully will help create an even better event next year.
As you can tell from the few pictures posted, a story line was woven into the day's activities in which the visiting nobility were essentially blackmailed by some pirates with a thirst for payback. Actors wandered the grounds in character carrying out parts of the story line and generally adding to the atmosphere. The fair itself was a small english village attempting to celebrate the accension of the new king (long live the king!). In addition there were vendors (yay shopping!), demonstrations of fencing and tilting, musicians, and even a few privateers showing off their boats and cannons. The end of the day concluded the story with a sing along at the Frog and Fiddle pub and everyone's fates revealed (for now).
It is safe to say that my girlfriend and I (and who knows who else?) will be attending next year's Ren Fest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We are plowing ahead for 2008 at a new location and the story will continue. For mroe info please visit us at:
http://www.bcrenfest.com