Well. I can't say I saw this one coming...

22:31 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

I am getting better at gently tossing stuff to where I need it. Balance and coordination are being worked in new ways although I won't be dancing or running a race anytime soon. Wednesday will mark the third week since I slipped on the stairs at home and landed with a very audible crack as my ankle was broken in three places. I know I had talked about needing a break - but this is so very far from what I had in mind!

Some of my friends have remarked that on the one hand this is good because now I will have so much time to paint! Of course, painting or any creative endeavor requires energy and a certain degree of physical comfort which lately has not been in good supply.  Inspiration has lain quiet as my body focuses on healing and I am only now getting to the point where I feel like I might be able to scribble something - so long as no one calls upon me to make a masterpiece. ;) I just hope that I will heal well enough to still attend the BC Renaissance Festival this summer in Langley. Other henna artists have told me how they worked festivals in a cast so it is do-able so long as I give my body what it needs.

My friends and family have been wonderful with generous offers of help and company and I truly appreciate every bit of it! Even my cat has been quite courteous (for the most part) and patient as I hobble around. I say for the most part because he still seems to think I need to go around him instead of him needing to move out of my way. (Why do cats always park themselves in the absolute middle of whatever path you need to take??) A gentle nudge with the crutch to the tail has so far worked well.

Tomorrow I go into the cast clinic, presumably for x-rays and checking of the cast. The doctors were fairly vague about what to expect, and I was doped up on painkillers at the time so thinking of intelligent questions was shoved somewhere to the back of the brain. My aim is to get the information flowing more freely this time around.

No comments: