The search continues...

20:39 Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
So I have hit the ground running in terms of the search for a new home. Thus far this week I have viewed 7 different places with another viewing booked on Saturday. My final decision will come down to two main points:

1 - Is there sufficient room for my art studio? Art Studio sounds fancy but really I just need space for my work table, bookshelves and room to open up my easel for painting. Having a dedicated space to be creative is very important to me as I know how irritable and moody I get when I have to constantly pull everything out and pack everything back up again. And I'm even worse if I have no space at all.

2 - Is it above ground? I have lived in various basement suites for almost 10 years. To be blunt - I want light! I will admit that if the suite has decent windows and does not feel like a dark dungeon then I could sacrifice being above ground if the space meets the first requirement. Although to be honest, the basement suites I am finding are all charging the same as a ground level or higher apartment. So why stay below ground?

So far my top two choices are a two bedroom condo with the longest commute to work and a one bedroom apartment that is a bit shy for space but is in a pretty good location. I shall see what Saturday holds for a potential 2 bedroom basement suite and then hopefully make a decision this weekend.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Holler when you need to move! :)

Dana said...

And we can get the kids to help with packing! :-) that is, if you have some things that you really do not care if they arrive in one piece...hmm...maybe not such a good idea...