Diving in head first

21:14 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
I now have a full time job. In theory the work is similar to what I have done before but as everyone knows the different people, processes and set up will all pose their own unique challenges. I'm looking forward to it in truth, and after my first week I'm thinking I really shouldn't have any difficulty with this - aside from figuring out mystery people's shorthand!

I was given the task of updating the main price spreadsheet which is a sink or swim way of learning what models belong to what manufacturers and other details. It is obvious that the previous person who edited this sheet assumed that everyone knew the product inside out. Therefore they *ahem* abbreviated part numbers left, right and center. Yes, some days I definitely lead an interesting life! Or at least it feels that way.

So far it would appear that I work with some pretty good people. My supervisor has some pretty high standards - not necessarily a bad thing. And I will still be dealing with the public and assisting in some custom choices. This little facet will always be entertaining.

Overall I'm feeling good. Overall I realize I have a challenge ahead of me to do well.
Life is good.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You'll do great, dearie!