Cutting back?!

20:30 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Tomorrow is the 1st of December with just over 3 weeks left to get things done for the holidays. Like many people there are so many things I enjoy doing but I am finding a serious lack of time to do them. Of course a very large chunk of my available time has gone towards physical exercises, three days at the gym and one day at belly dance class. My health has to be taken care of, there is no way around that.
I have been asked to paint the cover art for a friend's upcoming album which involves a fair amount of research, planning and prep (then there is the painting to be done - that's the easy part!). I already know that I will not have both the front and the back done this month but we will see how far I get on one side.
I will happily be indulging in some baking this season - in part I have little choice because I was given one of those "friendship loaf" packages of already fermenting yeast, flour, sugar and heaven knows what else. I really *hate* letting food stuffs go to waste so the appropriate day for baking has been committed to. And why not squeeze in another recipe while I'm at it that day? (gingerbread maybe?)
Christmas cards will be my project for this week. Now here is where I really am cutting back. Due to time constraints I will not be making the cards this year. They are store bought but at least they will be sent.
Christmas presents are in the works. The boyfriend and I managed to find presents for a couple family members today so hooray - scratch a couple more off my list!
I am not sure how much will happen in the way of decorations around the house. This year I may cut back and just do a few things here and there. Since we are spending the holidays at the farm it will save cleaning up the mess that occurs when the cat decides he's bored with no one around.
Meanwhile we go to work each day and deal with the normal needs of day to day life, laundry, cooking, family, cleaning, getting some sleep to ward off getting sick - the usual that we all go through. I have cut back on some things, but I am still constantly busy. I'll just have to gauge it as I go along. If I am still enjoying myself two weeks from now then I guess I pruned just enough.

No comments: