Life continues...

21:30 Edit This 0 Comments »
Wow, it really has been 2 weeks since my last post. *gives a bemused shrug* Ah well, not much to be done about that. I quite enjoy writing in my blog - honest! But sometimes life gets busy, and sometimes the furball knocks a pretty glass object of the shelf and watches me clean up the shards. (Yes that is what I just spent the last 20 minutes doing)

Actually I have been playing more in the collage / artsy department. My latest adventure has been learning to work with gold foil, I swear the stuff wants to stick to me. And I don't even want to imagine the look on the vet's face if the afformentioned furball were to get involved! It's another fun dimension to add to my creations. Admittedly I tossed out most of what I made but I would like to think the one piece I kept is good enough to hang onto for a little while anyway - long enough to remind me of a few important points when working with the suff. I think I have a whole series bubbling up of art cards to play with.

But in truth I have also been pretty tired lately. There is of course a lot going on with friends visiting and various birthdays, events and related craziness. I am also trying to be more physically active which has led various protesting body parts to loudly exclaim "What are you thinkg?!?!" Case in point we went swimming at the local wavepool recently. Just because I used to go tread water in the deep end durring the waves on a regular basis back in the mists of time does not mean that I am ready to pull that off today. I don't think I have been in that much pysical discomfort since I had the stuffing kicked out of me by an ostrich. Of course the fun part of trying stuff like this is that the body waits for a day or two to really get back at you.

Some days I have sat down at the computer and then just wander off to bed - my head feels like it is stuffed full of wool half the time. And some days I just don't feel very interesting in print. We all have those long days of just getting through work, cooking, and housework only to turn around and find the previously pristine kitchen counter is suddenly overflowing with dishes and it is - *sticky?!*. Sigh...

I think it is time to go play laser with the cat and call it a night.

No comments: